Thursday, April 24, 2008

New drug

Well, I'm being moved onto a new drug. It's called Keppra. I'm going to be weaned off Lamotrigine at the same time as being switching to the new one. Basically I'm going to start at 250mg twice a day, moving up to 1500mg twice a day! God knows how many pills that will involve...

Reading the side effects is never a good thing to do. But I did. I'm sure that there's nothing there that one couldn't suffer from by having hay-fever medicine or something. The biggest problem however is that my seizures are seemingly random and so I can't really tell what is the cause or what is effective at stopping the seizures. It's like the old joke about the guy selling an anti-elephant machine in England. Someone asks him how he can tell if it works. The guy replies "Well, have you seen any elephants recently?

Anyway, the neurologist seems to be worried enough to write to my doctor. I also had my MRI scan today and I have my copy of the results on CD, but I won't have any feedback until next week some time. Unless it's urgent. So I hope I won't be hearing anything until next week...

No comments: