Monday, February 11, 2008

The good news and the bad news...

First, as they say, the good news. I had another MRI scan last week (7th Feb) and the neurosurgeon told me that the tumour hadn't grown any more. Even better, he said that he felt that I would only need to see him every six months, rather than every three like I have been doing at the moment. I'll be seeing the neurologist on Wed (13th - nice) just to check things with him, but all sounds positive along those lines.

Now the bad news. It appears that I may have a melanoma on my chest. To begin with I thought it was just a rash of some sort because I kept scratching an itch, but it turns out to be something else. I saw the doctor today who has requested a fairly urgent appointment with the hospital for a biopsy or whatever. Apparently it's a bit large, looks a bit like a mole and shouldn't appear on somebody my age. Deep joy. Apparently I'll be getting examined some time in the next month...

No comments: