Saturday, February 16, 2008

More good news

I saw my neurologist on Wednesday to discuss my condition. Although he was a little concerned about the "mini" seizures that I occasionally had, he was generally pleased with my condition and, like the neurosurgeon, has said that I need only see him every six months, unless something untoward happens. I have to up my dose of Lamotrigine to 400mg a day and he has also recommended that my doctor prescribe me some sort-of pill (I forgot to note the name down) which is a sort-of instant post-seizure relaxant or something. Basically he said that if I took one of these after a mini-seizure it would be highly unlikely that I would have a major seizure after that. Hopefully I will have neither, but it's nice to know that there's something that might prevent the latter.

No news on the suspected melanoma, although one or two people think that the doctor may be over-reacting. I have an appointment on the 25th to see a dermatologist. I'll see what happens then.

No comments: