Monday, September 14, 2009

Drug Seekers

My sleep problems do not seem to be improving. For example, even when I think I've had sufficient sleep overnight I'm still having sleep attacks when I'm sitting in the office. Previously I could almost say that the sleepiness occurred in the afternoon and while this wasn't quite right, it was also quite common amongst people generally.

But now my falling asleep syndrome has started in the morning. I will come into the office feeling wide awake and fine and then an hour or so later I start nodding off in front of my screen. I went to the doctor today but she didn't have any helpful solutions. Admittedly, she was a locum and so didn't know my past but even when I tried to bring her up to date there was only so much I could do.

Anyway - we had no solution. She basically suggested that I should wait until I see my neuro (Andy) in late November, when I have my next MRI scan. But that's no good for me. So I've started some searching and I think I've come across a drug that may be the solution. I won't name it yet, but if I manage to get prescribed some, and it does what the various write-ups about it claim, I shall be a very happy person and I will spread the news. In the meantime, fingers crossed.

1 comment:

DKM said...

its not modafnil or something is it that american durg to keep people awake like they do for soldiers etc. i saw a very good program on tv recently ( 6mths ) about this doc wanting to kow about sleep and how much we really need. he tried staying awake without stimulants, then with coffee etc he was a wreck, then e tried this drug and was able to do quite a lot with only 1 x 20 min nap, the bloke he was with has been using it for a year and was doing a day job, spending all evening with his family then going to the study and working from home for 8 hrs over night. he had not slept for 8hrs in months.
be careful fella, i wouldsuggest getting some natural daylight and using filter on the monitor maybe the screen resolution is triggering something in your head.
Either way fella good luck.
keep on plugging away and telling people about it.