Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fame at last!

This blog has been mentioned in a website! Actually, better than that, it's a cancer charity site (http://brainstrust.org.uk/). Do go and have a look - there's lots to see and some very worthy aims too. I'm meeting the founder of the organisation this week and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping that I'll be able to provide some help in some way or other. I found the organisation after reading an article in ThisIsLondon about a girl with brain cancer who was/is going to have her benefits reduced considerably: http://tinyurl.com/lze94n. The story in the article is terrible and is well worth reading. The irony of the decisions made by the agency, as far as I can tell, is that she looks okay to work - and this may be true. But that doesn't mean she's going to find a new job easily - if at all. That's me above, there, and as you can see (I hope!) I don't look ill - quite the opposite - but as you'll know if you've been reading this blog, I've got brain cancer too. I'm fortunate enough to be employed at the moment so I haven't had to worry about benefits and I'm very glad that I don't have to. I'm not sure what a potential employer would think about things if I told him what my current condition is.
So Lisa, the lady in the article, has my complete support and I just wish I could help her in some way.

No comments: