Thursday, July 02, 2009

Time flies

There's a wonderful literary word which means using a word in the way that plays with the content of the sentence to give conflicting meanings. It's called "zeugma". The reason I thought about that word was because of my title for this blog entry. There's a well known joke sentence which states that: "time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana." It's believed that once a computer can understand what that sentence really means, we are close to artificial intelligence...

Anyway, I just spotted how long it's been since I posted something so I thought I'd better. I'm not dead, as you can probably now gather. I've been a bit remiss about posting things because I've been quite busy. I've gone back to work and I seem to be doing okay. I've had good news from the Neuro and co and although the last MRI scan still showed lesions and little white patches which intimate cancer, this is no surprise and certainly not anything that Andy is worried about. I don't have to have another scan for 6 months.

And that's it, really. My sleeping pattern is still somewhat disturbed but I think that may have as much to do with the mugginess of the weather at night at the moment as much as anything else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No flies on you then, AP. x