Sunday, August 12, 2007

I've started thinking - 11/08/07

As I put in a previous post, the Internet - or indeed books - may not be your best friends. I did a bit more research and found that there are roughly 4 types of glioma. I won't bother listing them here, but none of them makes pleasant reading. So much so that I've now written to my neurologist asking a question that for some reason didn't occur to me before:

Is my life expectancy affected significantly by the presence of this glioma? Read the research and I'll be lucky to last more than 10 years. However, as I've said before, my glioma is low-grade and so these figures may not be relevant. On the other hand, some of the articles I've read do refer to low-grade gliomas too, although it's not clear whether the life expectancy figures refer to those too.

Typically for me, the type of glioma I have is very rare and so there are few statistics to work from. So nobody really knows for sure. I guess we'll just have to keep an eye on the MRI scans...

Once again, however, I feel perfectly fine and positive about things.

No comments: