Sunday, February 15, 2009

Poseur time

While I've been lying there, being zapped (or "pinged" as I like to call it now), I've been trying to think what the noise of the pinging machine (apparently caused by the MLC - cf multi-leafed collimator) reminds me of. And although I've described it previously as a carrot grater, that sounded too unsophisticated. Well, no, inaccurate is more - erm - accurate. Anyway, the MLC sounds more like someone enthusiastically grating nutmeg. All you need to do is imagine a yummy egg-custard or a lovely, creamy cappuchino while you're being pinged and, apart from the disappointment you'll feel when you slide out from the CT machine to find there's nothing waiting for you, you're fine. I'm sure if you bribed the radiology people properly, you'd probably find that a nice latte could be waiting for you anyway.

No comments: