Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Almost done!

I'm only talking about the current set of pinging I'm getting. There's only about 4 more daily zaps and that's it. Well, it's not. I've then got to have an MRI scan to see what effect all this zapping has had on my tumour, which hopefully will be positive. That's positive for me, not for the tumour...

As I've mentioned, one of the side effects of the radiotherapy is tiredness. But what wasn't discussed is how that can be a real irritation. (I choose my words carefully because I feel I've been really lucky with the way things have gone).

Anyway, the tiredness kicks in at about 4pm and while I'm still at home, I sleep for an hour or two. Not sure what I'll do when I return to work! But the other effect is that I now start waking up at 3am, 4am etc, and I don't know whether it's better just to get up at these times, because it's very difficult getting back to sleep. Plus I'm trying to normalise my sleep pattern and this isn't making it easy.

But, Hell, if that's the worst I have to deal with, I'm getting it easy!

No comments: