Sunday, January 11, 2009

Prequel

This post is probably not very important except that some people, if they're reading this because they're going through the same sort of stuff, may find it helpful. Maybe not. Who knows?

Anyway, tomorrow I go for my very first radiotherapy treatment - or my first zap, as I shall refer to them as from now on. I've had a lot of support from lots of different people; home, family, work, friends, and they've all wished me luck and asked how I feel about being zapped.

To be quite honest, I have no feelings at all, really. As I've suggested in a previous post, the mask fitting was not something I was looking forward to and that turned out to be totally uneventful (I'm not complaining!) Unless someone is lying to me, tomorrow sounds like it's going to be similarly uninteresting. That I will just lie there, hearing a machine zip around and feeling the "bed" I'm on (the reason I put "bed" in inverted commas is that they may as well call it a table for all the comfort it provides) moving in and out of the CT scanner - which it may or may not do. And then 10 or fifteen minutes later they'll say "thanks" and off I'll go.

We'll see...

No comments: