Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Zap 2

Second day of zapping. Zap has now entered into my subconscious in very silly ways. I've just ordered a Frank Zappa album (Joe's Garage) which I haven't listened to in years. Now I'm trying to find out why ZapF Dingbats (a particular typeface) is called ZapF.

The zapping today was quite straightforward, although the mask felt a little tighter than it did yesterday. They assured me it wasn't. I'm also aware that when they made the mask I was probably a little apprehensive and so my mouth was held tightly shut. This means that now, when the mask is fitted, I'm really only able to breathe through my nose. Which is fine, because that's the best way to stay relaxed. But if I get a blocked nose, I'm stuffed (if you'll excuse the pun) and so I may have to skip treatment that day...

Had an appointment with Andy after the zapping and that is always a pleasure. I really want to invite him out for a beer because we always have a lot to chat about (or maybe it's just me) and I just think how much fun it would be to take him to a pub where there's other people I know and just introduce him as "Andy, my brain surgeon." How cool would that be? It's a pity that the reverse would just sound sad: "This is Alan, my project manager..."

Anyway, all seems to be fine. I just hope that I remain seizureless and that this zapping assists on that score.

No comments: