Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Zap 3

I wasn't late today so I think they didn't tighten the mask down so much. Yes, I know that's just my imagination, but it's certainly ensured that I turn up on time every day from now on.

I'm getting sort-of used to the zapping now. I talked to the team before the session started this morning, to ask them if they could occasionally say something just so that I know they haven't run away or something. There are a couple of times during the session when everything goes quiet and you wonder what's going on. You can't exactly move much and although they say they can hear you clearly, it's not convincing. Your mind starts to wander and think about films like "28 days later" and you wonder how easy it would be to release yourself from the table...

It turns out that the very quiet bit is because they've been doing CT scans as well as zapping me. The CT scans are to ensure that everything is positioned correctly and that I'm being zapped in the right places and so after they've done these scans they have to analyse the results to make sure everything is okay.

I had a brief meeting with Nick after the zapping and he's happy about how everything is going. So that's nice.

1 comment:

Deadly Knitshade said...

You've got me wondering how you'd get off the table if the apocalypse arrived now. Maybe they have a James Bond-style ejector button.